17.9.11

TENDER BUTTONS- SOME PROCESS THOUGHTS

So far this project has been an overall self driven process. I keep making changes and changes and changes to my compositions and ideas of how I want my final product to look. I started with just wanting to use paper to create my table cloth, but then a few people told me about a fabric that you can send through the printer. I think that actually having cloth as my table creates not only a more real experience but having a fabric is softer which creates a more intimate experience.
In critique we almost had this "revelation" of using the front and the back! Who would have thought?
First, I was just going to have loose pages for my cover, contents, and colophon. But now I am having one piece that has all three of those plus my type compositions. I am going to have to sew the two pieces of fabric together but I think it will add some details that it might lack otherwise.
more to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment