27.2.13

DP // WEEK 5

I want to title this post Questions.  Which I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. But I do think sooner is better then later. I have been doing a lot of evaluation of my scenarios. I suppose this has been a slow rise for me because my project can be/do/provide so many possibilities. Meaning, the order of interaction between my artifacts can go different ways.
From the group crit Michael brought up a good point of finding the specific connection between the online space and the fold out persona that I am creating. Is there something that prompts a student to the online space or visa versa?  I know there could be so much within the online space, but I really want to focus on the classroom aspect and the discussions that are produced from the materials given. That is the question I keep repeating is, "What do I want to achieve/what do I want to create?" But of course that is success, but more specifically within each artifact I am designing I need a goal for each and what it will provide a student or teacher in the classroom.
Because of this I have been all over teaching websites. Learning about class sizes and teaching methods. I think this will have a great affect on my scenarios. Earlier when I questioned teachers it was about what they are teaching and if kids understood what being cultured meant or if they had interest in other countries etc. As I go I am running into more questions for myself as which lead me to more questions about teaching and classrooms. I do think however this is something that I will provide a teacher and they will have the final say. Every class is so different that it will depend on what they believe is necessary.
As I am doing this, I am finishing up my content for the persona pages I am creating. Learning even more about these people that I am basing my personas off of as I go.
For the teacher in the classroom I know they will use this as a tool to further the education of their students. The content being focussed on would be during a lesson on Eastern Europe... specifically the NATO bombing, the Yugoslav war, and the current economical conditions. These things will come through in the personas I am creating. I am using the information about their lives first and formost, but students will learn the specific information about this cultures last 5-10 years through the the story of this person.
This quote stood out to me that I found because it states that the dialogue with people is the important thing. Reading from books about facts works, but the biggest impact is starting conversation.
We must never merely discourse on the present situation, must never provide the people with programs which have little or nothing to do with their own preoccupations, doubts, hopes and fears -- programs which at times in fact increase the fears of the oppressed consciousness. It is not our role to speak to the people about our own view of the world, nor to attempt to impose that view on them, but rather to dialogue with the people about their view and ours.
source
This quote stood out to me that I found because it states that the dialogue with people is the important thing. Reading from books about facts works, but the biggest impact is starting conversation. 

2 comments:

  1. good that you are starting to get more specific about subject matter. this will greatly help make your wireframes more accurately reflect the final outcome.

    ReplyDelete