3.2.13

DEGREE PROJECT // WEEK ONE

How can graphic design be used represent a Serbian family's development through economical/social changes in a visual narrative contrasted with key points in Serbia's history teach/showcase to viewers(needs to be much specific)? 
 
So far this process has been a little overwhelming(what project isn't in the first stages) but I think I am now on the right track. I had the time and chance to complete video interviews with the family I am going to be "researching." I have started making a timeline of important moment's in Belgrade's history. Possible things that will line up or have had an impact on the Damonvic family. My main concern right now is the audience. I know I am getting closer, the more that I mind map and complete the timeline I think I am getting somewhere. I could see this project used for a classroom researching world history but it wouldn't be the typical textbook information. By having a family as part of my research I think facts become more real for people. I remember studying something in school, and the only things that ever really lasted with me where things that where closely related to people. What if learning history was done with a direct comparison all of the time. It was done through a family so that students would put themselves in that situation. I could see it being done for a lot of other countries as well. I think this is done a lot during WWII. I think we all know and understand WWII so well because we have so many detailed stories about that time and what families had to do to survive. 
My main concern right now is the audience. I know I am getting closer, the more that I mind map and complete the timeline I think I am getting somewhere. I could see this project used for a classroom researching world history but it wouldn't be the typical textbook information. By having a family as part of my research I think facts become more real for people. I remember studying something in school, and the only things that ever really lasted with me where things that where closely related to people.
I have been thinking about this so much everyday and the more that I do I believe there is a bigger message I am trying to portray then just facts and numbers and information about this family. I may be getting ahead of myself, but I remember coming home and telling my sisters about this family and how surprised they were by some of the things I was telling them.

My Next Steps
Continue Mind Mapping and filling out the timeline I have started.
I want to construct more questions for the family now that I have a better idea of where I am going with my research. The questions I asked when I recorded them where somewhat general so I need to become more specific. I want to also start profiles for each family member.



No comments:

Post a Comment