22.6.11

Camera Talk

-I was typing a paper due for one of my classes listening to the Local Natives and as I typed I noticed the lyrics to this song-- and from my interpretation it is so perfect for me and my trip to Paris. 


CAMERA TALK
We're running through the aisles
Of the churches still in style
Does this city have a curfew?
Don't you know it's good to see you too

The riders on the Champs ElyseesWe are the tourists in the cafes
We drank our wine along the river
Not believing where we were at all


It's alright, the camera's talking

Oh
And even though I can't be sure
Memory tells me that these times are worth working for

The buffalo in Catalina

The colored stones and troop leaders
The voices of the canopy singers
Ensured that we wouldn't sleep for long

I knew this would be the part

My plane's arrival catches me off guard
We'll all be leaving with a broken heart
Wallets empty and we're back at start

It's alright, the camera is talking

Oh
And even though I can't be sure
Memory tells me that these times are worth working for

The cistern is not even full

The cistern is not e-the cistern is not even full

No comments:

Post a Comment