I got the K in bracket. It had to be pure black (painted with gouache) and all of the letters had to be the exact same size and place on the paper. I taped off all of the straight edges and free handed the rounded curves of the serifs. As a group we had to kern the letters to create the even spacing when hung up on the wall.
|My group's letters|
I actually really enjoyed doing this. It was good to paint again, but the challenge of the perfectness pushed me. When something is stressful and intense and I finish and I am satisfied with my work it is a great accomplishment.
|My k in bracket.|
|Spine from the other group.|